BEST Bread Pudding With Fifolet Rum Sauce!!
12 -14 cups bread cubes (1 or 2 loaves), day old French bread is best
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 cups heavy cream
3 cups whole milk
6 large eggs
1 7⁄8 cups brown sugar
4 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Confectioners' sugar, for garnish (if desired)
2 cups heavy cream
1⁄2 cup whole milk
1⁄2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3⁄4 cup Fifolet Spice Flavored Rum
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Using the first set of ingredients, prepare the bread pudding by following the steps below:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with the butter. Set aside.
- Place the bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Combine the cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine and then pour over the bread cubes.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Transfer to the prepared pan and bake until the center of the pudding is set, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Garnish with the confectioner's sugar and serve with Rum Sauce - directions below:
- In a one quart saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream milk and sugar.
- Place the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of the rum in a small bowl and whisk into a slurry.
- Pour the slurry into the cream sauce and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce boils, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from heat. Stir in the salt, butter, and remaining 1/2 cup of rum. Serve warm.