Bananas Foster French Toast (using Noire Fine Rum)
8 half-inch slices of day-old bread (we use French bread)
1/2 cup of milk
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of salt
4 tablespoons of butter
Banana Foster Sauce:
¼ cup Noire Fine Rum
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup whole milk
- Put a large non-stick sauté pan on medium-low heat.
- Whisk eggs, milk, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a wide base bowl.
- Dip bread in mix and let soak for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Put butter in a pan and cook slices for 2 to 3 minutes per side and place in a warm oven as you cook to keep warm.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in Bananas and coat.
- Remove from heat and add milk stirring constantly.
- Spoon over French toast immediately.