Black Tot Rum Day
Inaugural Event - July 31, 2020
On July 31, 1970, the British Royal Navy stopped issuing sailors their daily ration of rum (the daily tot) that was a form of payment to the sailors for more than three centuries.
Fifty years later, Wildcat Brothers Distilling is ending these “dry” years by bringing back the free “Tot” of rum during our inaugural event at our distillery on Friday, July 31, 2020. As French Acadians, we are officially claiming this tradition because we believe everyday deserves a sip of rum … and besides, who wants British blackstrap molasses rum anyway?
Did You Know? The volume of a "tot" of rum changed over the three centuries it was served, ending up at about 2 ounces by the time it was discontinued in 1970.
Join us from 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on Friday, July 31, 2020 for a curbside celebration at our distilling factory. Due to Covid-19, we will not be able to party in-person the way we had planned, but in true Acadian fashion, we will not let that stop the celebration (from our vehicles). Every purchase of rum through online pre-purchase or in-person on the day of the event will receive a sealed, FREE Tot of rum to take home and enjoy. *This celebration will be the official release of Noire aged rum*
Here's how you can celebrate this inaugural event with us:
1) Pre-Purchase SweetCrude & Noire Rum for Curbside Pick-Up
- Online pre-purchase will be available from July 27th - 30th only
- Every online purchase of Noire rum will be a commemorative bottle of Noire
- Beat the day-of line and guarantee you get these coveted rums with online pre-purchase
- Pre-purchase online through our online store
2) Purchase SweetCrude & Noire Onsite on July 31
- Weren't able to pre-purchase online? That's ok. Just join the curbside pick-up line to place your order for pick-up right then and there.
- Rums Available for Purchase: SweetCrude white rum & Noire aged rum (formerly known as Fine)
3) Tune in Online to Watch the Ceremonial Kick-Off of Wildcat Brothers' "Black Tot Rum Day"
- Tune in to FacebookLive at 11:00 a.m. (Central) to meet The Commodore, our Master of Ceremonies, to ring in the new Acadian tradition of Black Tot Rum Day and end the 50 years of "dry" sadness with a swig and a song
- Join us in-person at the distilling factory to watch the inaugural kick-off. Please remember to stay in your cars and roll down the windows to social distance while still enjoying the ceremony.
Event Location: Wildcat Brothers Distilling -- 103 Bolton St., Lafayette, LA 70508
All purchases from July 27 - 31st must be picked up in person on July 31st unless prior arrangements have been made with distillery management. Rums are available for purchase individually or by the case. Prices are listed online and will be available, listed onsite. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
**Public Launch of Noire rum**
Noire rum (formerly known as Fine) will officially launch during our Black Tot Rum celebration week! We've been aging this aged French style rum with our proprietary staves for months in order to relaunch nationwide in 2020.
As a thank you to our incredible Lafayette and Acadiana neighbors, we are releasing Noire rum early to our local community. This is the first opportunity to get your hands on our coveted aged rum and supplies are very limited. Pre-purchase is available online beginning July 27th and will be available until bottles run out, so purchase online or get here early on the 31st to make sure you can get your hands on this beauty.